2021 date TBD
The replacement of posterior Class II amalgams has become the bread and butter of the modern dental practice. With the advent of modern bonding adhesives as well as bulk fill materials, do we have clear guidelines on what to use, how to use it and when? Is there a compromise to speed? In this day and age, patients are increasingly demanding about the esthetics not only with anterior direct restorations, but also posterior. Learn how to lift your game in posterior direct composite esthetics and build your practice with techniques that are not only efficient, but will extend the success and prognosis of your direct restorations. Love your everyday dentistry like I do.
1) The attendee will review the fundamentals in case assessment and suitability for layered posterior composite restorations
2) The attendee will learn how to recreate missing cusps efficiently in a controlled, predictable fashion using a putty stent derived from a diagnostic wax-up/mock-up or pre-operative situation.
3) The attendee will learn two techniques to incorporate maverick staining or tinting in the posterior region using Empress Direct Color Stains.
4) The attendee will learn how to layer posterior Class I and II restorations to achieve minimal C-Factor influences and excellent chameleon effect.
5) The attendee will learn the fundamentals of "how to make a fissure look like a fissure."